Join the EnergySage team
Back-end Web Developer
About Us & The Job
We’re accelerating the adoption of clean energy by bringing the shopping experience online, and are looking for a few talented people to help us take on this challenge.
As a web developer at EnergySage, you’ll work across our platform, touching internal and external APIs, best-in-the-industry solar data, customer flows, partner integrations, data visualizations, and much more. You’ll collaborate with our experienced team of developers, designers and product managers. We’re excited to learn, innovate, improve our craft, and share ideas – you should be, too.
Our mission is to make the process of going solar as easy as booking a flight or hotel. Sounds far-fetched? It isn’t at EnergySage – the U.S. Department of Energy, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, and National Grid are just a few of the organizations betting that we’ll make this vision a reality!
We’d love for you to join. EnergySage is a great place to work, full of friendly, respectful and mission-oriented people. We have the fun “startup stuff” (craft beer Fridays, ping pong tables, bean bags, and team outings to hike nearby mountains), but more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life.
Possessing the following will help you to be successful in this role:
- 3 or more years current experience as a professional web developer
- Dependable team player with excellent communication skills
- Curious, quick learner, self-starter
- Comfortable with a startup environment; able to wear multiple hats and pitch in where needed
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Software-as-a-Service development, including configurable multi-tenant applications
- Django or other modern MVC web framework
- Unit testing, QA, solid debugging skills
- SQL databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Git or other modern VCS tools
- REST APIs (consumer & provider; e.g., how much solar power can your roof produce?)
- Front-end skills welcome – we’ll put them to use, too!