Join the EnergySage team
Solar Advisor / Solar Sales
About Us & The Job
We’re accelerating the adoption of clean energy by bringing the shopping experience online, and are looking for a few talented people to help us take on this challenge.
The Solar Advisor serves as an expert in solar energy, helping consumers navigate the process of purchasing solar energy systems for their homes and businesses. The Solar Advisor also supports solar companies in growing their businesses with the EnergySage Marketplace. Background in solar energy is great to have. Most important are enthusiasm for clean energy technologies and a commitment to excellence in sales and customer service.
Solar Advisors also support EnergySage’s broader team with their in-depth observations of solar customers and solar companies. One of the most important functions of this role is to channel feedback from both consumers and solar installers to the rest of the company. This requires listening and empathy, organization of data, and synthesis of insights.
Our mission is to make the process of going solar as easy as booking a flight or hotel. Sounds far-fetched? It isn’t at EnergySage – the U.S. Department of Energy, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, and National Grid are just a few of the organizations betting that we’ll make this vision a reality!
We’d love for you to join. EnergySage is a great place to work, full of friendly, respectful and mission-oriented people. We have the fun “startup stuff” (craft beer Fridays, ping pong tables, bean bags, and team outings to hike nearby mountains), but more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life.
- Help consumers – homeowners, businesses and non-profits – evaluate quotes from multiple solar installers, make sound decisions, and move forward with confidence
- Work with EnergySage network of pre-screened solar installers to ensure that customers receive exceptional service and are highly satisfied with their experience
- Engage with consumers and installer partners by phone, email and instant chat to help with account set-up and management of their marketplace experience
- Work as a team player and provide input to broader team for developing and refining design, messaging, features and functionality of the EnergySage Solar Marketplace
- Positive, upbeat personality with no fear of talking to strangers
- Self-motivated, initiative driven problem solving mentality
- Eager to guide consumer decision making, close sales, and help more people go solar
- Comfortable with a start-up environment; ability to wear multiple hats, switch gears quickly and pitch in where needed
- 4-year bachelor degree
- 2+ years of relevant experience