Fossil fuel is NEVER used for heat or hot water.
75% to 99%
of hot water
75% to 99%
of space heating
- Stu Besnoff, owner of: Alpine Solar Heat and Hot Water
- Single-Family Residence
- 189 North Street, Windsor, MA 01270
- 4,000 sq ft
- Energy need met:
- 75% to 99% of hot water
- 75% to 99% of space heating
- Event Participation:
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2012 Host
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2013 Host
- Solar Hot Water
- January 2008
- Size of System:
- 34 collectors
- For space heating
- Additional Financial Notes:
- One solar hot water collector is recommended for a small family, to obtain more then half of the energy needed for domestic hot water.
Professionals & Suppliers
What You Need to Know
More details are at www.AlpineSolarHeat.com or by calling 413-684-3950.
easy access swimming, showroom for business
annual water test, $15 for 10 test strips
Efficiency or Sustainability Improvements:
Battery and standby inverter used to keep operating during grid power failures.
1. minimize energy cost 2. environmental benefit
a. ground mount is good b. radiant heat is not necessary if envelope is super insulated and sealed c. heating pool during summer and house during winter works well
The system is comprised of 34 Sunflower SFB304715 collectors, 960 gallon storage plus 108 gallon domestic hot water
Open House Info:
Address is 189 North Street, Windsor, MA. There is a blue and white "Alpine Solar" sign along route 9 pointing to North Street. If you are unable to visit during GBOH, you can call (413-684-3950) and schedule a different day.
View Other Case StudiesSearch for Other Case Studies
The EnergySage Marketplace