4.2 kW Grid tied, Solar Electric (PV) System
- Single-Family Residence
- 290 Genesee Street, Avon, NY 14414
- 3,000 sq ft
- Energy need met:
- 25% to 49% of electricity
- Deep energy retrofit
- Event Participation:
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2012 Host
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2013 Host
- Solar PV
- January 2000
- Size of System:
- 4.2 kW
- Monitor performance:
- To generate electricity
- Additional Financial Notes:
- 2011-2012 Electricity Use (includes heat): 8,900 kWh used: 3,000 solar/ 5,900 purchased
About 4200 watts of grid-tied PV. The old system has battery backup. The new 1000 watt system can be monitored on the web - see link. Cutting down some neighbors' trees would help boost output! ;)
Battery backup of critical loads during power outages.
Recently replaced the tired old batteries with sealed, "maintenance free" batteries.
Efficiency or Sustainability Improvements:
Daylighting, Energy Star lights and appliances,...
A Brighter Future!!
PV is not the first thing you should do, but definitely a great move once you have upgraded insulation, lights and appliances.
Experience with Installer:
Shawn Lessord at Renewable Rochester is Great!
Open House Info:
Please see my Energy Efficiency listing for Tour information.
Single-Family Residence|Energy Efficiency
Single-Family Residence|High Efficiency HVAC