"Mr. Slim" mini-split air source heat pump
- Single-Family Residence
- 290 Genesee Street, Avon, NY 14414
- 3,000 sq ft
- Energy need met:
- 75% to 99% of space heating
- 100% or more of air conditioning
- Deep energy retrofit
- Event Participation:
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2012 Host
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2013 Host
- High Efficiency HVAC
- January 2010
- Size of System:
- 10000 BTU
- For space heating
- For air-conditioning
- Gross Cost of System:
- Value of Rebates:
- Value of Tax Credits:
- Net Cost of System:
- Own or Lease:
- Cash Purchase
- Additional Financial Notes:
- We used 2570 kWh to heat our home last year at a total cost of $318. Cooling and dehumidification used 250 kWh at a cost of $31.
- Energy Auditors:
Superinsulation (See our Deep Energy Retrofit page) allowed us to heat the home last year with this 10k Btu heating system - about one fourth the size of the smallest gas furnace.
Cost about 10 times less than a ground source heat pump and is just about as efficient. "Right sizing" means that it does a fantastic job of dehumidifying while it cools the house in the summer.
clean the filters every-other month.
Efficiency or Sustainability Improvements:
Everything we could think of!
A Bright Future!
The best part of my job is helping others replicate the success that I've had making my old house a model of energy efficiency. Please come to the free Tour, or call me at work to set up a consultation.
Experience with Installer:
Nick Anselm was great to work with.
Open House Info:
see my Deep Energy Retrofit page for details
Single-Family Residence|Solar Hot Water
Single-Family Residence|Energy Efficiency