10 KW Wind & 10 KW Solar systems complement each other to provide most electrical needs for our home year-round.
- Frank DeWitt, Alternative Energy Associates
- 15 Price Road, Augusta, NJ 07822
- 4,500 sq ft
- Energy need met:
- 50% to 74% of electricity
- 50% to 74% of air conditioning
- Event Participation:
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2012 Host
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2013 Host
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2014 Host
- ASES National Solar Tour 2015 Host
- Small Wind
- January 2009
- Size of System:
- 10 kW
- To generate electricity
- Own or Lease:
- Cash Purchase
- Energy Auditors:
- Alternative Energy Associates
This is the first Wind turbine in our community -- it's mounted on a 125 ft. high tower and operates in conjunction with out 10KW solar photovoltaic array to provide most of our electrical needs. Since the wind produces energy in the evening when the solar panels are idle, the two systems complement each other.
Efficiency or Sustainability Improvements:
Wind speed is not constant in our area, so the actual wind energy production is less than anticipated.
Open House Info:
Located near the corner of Route 206 and Price Road in Augusta, NJ -- look for the wind tower.
Single-Family Residence|Small Wind