WOW! We now have enough energy to not run the generator almost daily. Instead we run it once a month or less!
- Woodhenge Self Reliance Campus
- Community Owned/Controlled
- 14910 Fuller Rd, Adams Center, NY 13606
- 3,000 sq ft
- Energy need met:
- 75% to 99% of electricity
- Event Participation:
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2012 Host
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2013 Host
- Solar PV
- January 2012
- Size of System:
- 2.2 kW
- To generate electricity
- Gross Cost of System:
- Own or Lease:
- Cash Purchase
- Additional Financial Notes:
- We built the system over time and added as we needed or had the finances to do it.
Nine 235 watt PV panels on home made pole mounts series wired into two Outback MPPTs feeding a bank of 16 L-16's and run into an Outback 3524 inverter
We have several other systems on other homes on this property.
Scrape off the snow, water the batteries.
Efficiency or Sustainability Improvements:
Energy efficient lighting and other appliances.
15 years ago the power company told us that to get power down our driveway would cost us nearly $7000. I built our original system for WAY less than that.
Build the system yourself...even if you have a professional design and help you with it...this way you can maintain and repair it
Experience with Installer:
We learned form out mistakes...your estimates on anticipated power consumption are often skewed to building the system too small!
Open House Info:
Our address is 14910 Fuller Rd. Adams Center, NY 13606 Call us or e-mail us if you want to visit. We will be here all day during the Green Homes Tour. 315 771-7333 firstname.lastname@example.org