Posted by:Kevin Eigel
Ecohouse Solar Rooftop solar array on barn
- Kevin Eigel and Marcia Miller
- 7657 Feder Rd,., Galloway, OH 43119
- 1,600 sq ft
- Energy need met:
- 75% to 99% of electricity
- Zero net energy
- Solar PV
- May 2009
- Size of System:
- 7.8 kW
- To generate electricity
- Gross Cost of System:
- Value of Rebates:
- Value of Tax Credits:
- Net Cost of System:
- Annual Savings:
- Annual Revenue:
- Own or Lease:
- Cash Purchase
- Additional Financial Notes:
- I signed a five year contract to sell Solar Renewable Energy Credits at $240 each for five years. This has provided $12,000 over the first five years. I will continue to sell the SRECs at a lower price starting in 2016. The system has paid for itself in under five years.
7.8 kW system installed on south facing barn roof
I have used the system to demonstrate the benefits of solar to many other people
Just keep the wires off the roof.
Efficiency or Sustainability Improvements:
My house is super energy efficient
I am concerned about climate change and want to do whatever I can reduce its effects.
GO SOLAR now.
Experience with Installer:
I did the installation myself with my company Ecohouse Solar. This was my first installation and I have now don nearly 70 other installations
Single-Family Residence|Solar PV