8.1 kW roof-top grid-tied solar PV system installed in 2010 - provides about one-third of household electrical needs. Solar system leased with help of local utility subsidy and federal tax rebates, resulting in $20 per month positive net cash flow from first day of operation.
- 3309 Rampart Drive, Plano, TX 75074
- Energy need met:
- 25% to 49% of electricity
- Event Participation:
- ASES National Solar Tour 2015 Host
- Solar PV
- January 2010
- Size of System:
- 8.1 kW
- To generate electricity
- Own or Lease:
- Infinergy Wind and Solar, Midland, Tx
Efficiency or Sustainability Improvements:
• Broad real time energy performance monitoring system continuously verifies structure and equipment performances are per manufacturers/installers claims, identifies areas to improve, anticipates impending failures when repairs can be made more cost effectively, and facilitates cost/benefit analysis for all contemplated projects. All details are available to anyone, at http://www.welserver.com/WEL0043/ . • Extensive home automation system assists with comfort, efficiency, safety and security. • Extremely efficient (24 EER / 5 COP) geothermal heat pumps installed in 2007 - one mile of HDPE pipe underground in the front yard, and no outside equipment to wear out. Additional pictures athttp://www.pbase.com/neukranz/gshpinstall . • HVAC efficiency further enhanced with four independent zone air distribution, variable-speed air handlers (also improves humidity control), and two-stage compressors. • 523 sq. ft. of living space per actual ton of cooling. • Sheet metal ductwork (inside the attic) insulated with R-8 foil backed insulation (supply and return); ductwork seams sealed. • Programmable thermostats adjust at different times of the day, saving money and reducing energy use at peak times of day. • All lights are Compact Fluorescent Lamps - no incandescents are used. • Minimal windows on hot west side; large windows on north and east walls and open floor plan provide ample day lighting. • Windows are double pane with thermally broken anodized aluminum frames. All have thermally efficient shades to block out hot day time heat. • Large ceiling fans in every room, prevent air stratification and reduce demand on HVAC system. • Low flow plumbing fixtures.
East Plano located 3400 sq. ft. single story residence on heavily shaded one-half acre lot, constructed in 1992. This home utilizes natural light and an open floor plan including a large porch to maximize space, functionality and spaciousness. Located near public greenbelts, parks, trail system and mass transit. $62/mo average heating/cooling monthly cost in spite of Dallas hot climate and using electricity for heating.
Open House Info:
Tour Hours: 10am - 4pm Saturday, October 03 2015
Single-Family Residence|Solar Hot Water