Posted by:Planet Solar
850 homes, 200 buildings, 5 cities, 3 utility districts - and one happy customer.
- Santa Barbara Housing Authority
- Apartment Building
- multiple, Santa Barbara, CA 93103
- 20,000 sq ft
- Energy need met:
- 75% to 99% of electricity
- Solar PV
- October 2011
- Size of System:
- 2000 kW
- To generate electricity
- Gross Cost of System:
- Value of Rebates:
- Value of Tax Credits:
- Net Cost of System:
- Annual Savings:
- Own or Lease:
- Additional Financial Notes:
- Used a combination of low income housing tax credits, Solar income tax credits, and depreciation to finance this project.
Multiple properties, cities, and utility companies. The system is a combination of roof mounted and shade-structure mounted solar systems, for 850 dwelling units.
The amount of money saved was used to finance additional dwelling units, helping even more disadvantaged residents of Santa Barbara county.
Relatively maintenance free. Racoons tore wires out of one system.
Savings of over $1,000,000 per year.
The projects take a while to be approved in the CA Coastal Commission area.
Experience with Installer:
The installer achieved the goals of the client, when others said it couldn't be done.