Energy independance on the farm.
- Addison Hop Farm
- 3250 Townline Rd, Addison, VT 05491
- 3,200 sq ft
- Energy need met:
- 100% or more of electricity
- Event Participation:
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2012 Host
- NESEA Green Buildings Open House 2013 Host
- Solar PV
- January 2010
- Size of System:
- 4 kW
- Monitor performance:
- To generate electricity
- Gross Cost of System:
- Annual Savings:
- Own or Lease:
- $0-down Lease
- Additional Financial Notes:
- Electricity Use: None with solar panels
- AllEarth Renewables
- Lyman Hurd
- Energy Auditors:
- Efficency Vermont
Grid Tied PV Grid-tied PV is a 4 kW AllSun Tracker installed in 2010. Tracker is an active dual-axis solar energy system that produces up to 45% more electricity than a similar sized fixed roof system.
Efficiency or Sustainability Improvements:
Spray Foam Closed Cell Energy Star Appliances, Local Materials, Super Insulated Walls/ Roof
Desire for energy independance.
Open House Info:
3 miles west of Vt 22A on Townline Road in Addison. Farm is on the right shortly after Grandy Rd.
Single-Family Residence|Solar PV