Posted by:Peter Governale
Zero Energy Building using the Toscano heat exchanger for GSHP (Geothermal). The building employes radiant heating & cooling with ERV and traditional air distribution systems. Hydraulic separator with low temperature radiant system and an a Hybrid heat pump for DHW (helps to dehumidify the Geo mechanical room while providing hot water) An EV charging station is being installed-powered by solar PV. The solar PV system offset the complete load with the extra kWh will be used for the EV charging station.
- House of Worship
- 1275 Central Ave, Leominster, MA
- 6,100 sq ft
- Energy need met:
- 100% or more of electricity
- 100% or more of hot water
- 100% or more of space heating
- 100% or more of air conditioning
- Passive house
- Zero net energy
- Solar PV
- August 2014
- Size of System:
- 27 kW
- To generate electricity
- To heat hot water
- For space heating
- For air-conditioning
- Annual Savings:
- Additional Financial Notes:
- The Building System design has reduced the 2014 MA Energy Code operating costs from $11,400 to $4800 per year. The solar will offset the $4800 and provide an additional $900 for the EV charging station.
104 modules with Conergy 260P panels. SMA inverters with SPS to support power during power outages. TIGO optimizers are used to increase power and provide long term perform of system operations.
Efficiency or Sustainability Improvements:
The building is a Zero Energy Building. After one year, an M&V report will follow detailing comparsion and qualifying for Energy Star approval.
Educational institution|Solar PV