Join the EnergySage team
Executive Assistant (to the CEO) and Office Manager
About Us & The Job
We’re accelerating the adoption of clean energy by bringing the shopping experience online, and are looking for a few talented people to help us take on this challenge.
We are growing rapidly and in need of a team member that keeps things running smoothly! Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant / Office Manager is responsible for running our downtown Boston office and supporting the CEO with a range of administrative tasks.
You are the right fit for this role if you can manage a high volume of details and alternate seamlessly between taking direction and working autonomously, all with a positive, professional demeanor.
Our mission is to make the process of going solar as easy as booking a flight or hotel. Sounds far-fetched? It isn’t at EnergySage – the U.S. Department of Energy, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, and National Grid are just a few of the organizations betting that we’ll make this vision a reality!
We’d love for you to join. EnergySage is a great place to work, full of friendly, respectful and mission-oriented people. We have the fun “startup stuff” (craft beer Fridays, ping pong tables, bean bags, and team outings to hike nearby mountains), but more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life.
- Support the CEO with administrative tasks related to running business operations, communicating with a range of external stakeholders, and work-related travel
- Manage CEO’s extremely active calendar, with both internal and external demands
- Prepare and edit slides for internal and external presentations; Draft and edit emails, written documents and spreadsheets
- Anticipate needs and proactively propose solutions in order to optimize organizational performance
- Interface with team members across the organization to inventory demands of CEO and execute projects
- Manage day-to-day operations of physical office space, purchase and maintain stock of company supplies, liaise with building management
- Welcome guests, prepare meeting rooms as needed
- Aid onboarding of new hires
- Encourage a positive, productive work environment and team culture
- Impeccable time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to “manage up”, meeting regularly with CEO to check in on priorities
- Relaxed nature with an ability to get things done
- Pleasant attitude, professionally polished with high emotional maturity
- Good judgment; able to handle confidential and/or sensitive information with discretion and tact
- Strong command of Google G Suite tools (Gmail, Calendar, Drive) and Microsoft Office Suite tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of work experience