Join the EnergySage team
Solar Marketplace Intern
About Us & The Job
We’re accelerating the adoption of clean energy by bringing the shopping experience online, and are looking for a few talented people to help us take on this challenge.
The Solar Marketplace Intern furthers this mission by ensuring the solar suitability of properties in the marketplace. With primary responsibility for vetting property information including solar panel locations, electricity usage, and customer inquiries, this role supports the matchmaking between solar shoppers and solar companies. Background in solar energy is great to have for this role, but most important are enthusiasm for clean energy technologies and a commitment to excellence in customer service.
For the right candidate, this opportunity will develop new expertise and experience in the growing solar industry. This includes the requirements of solar PV system design and the solar shopping process, as well as the challenges of making this process more efficient and scalable via an online marketplace.
Our mission is to make the process of going solar as easy as booking a flight or hotel. Sounds far-fetched? It isn’t at EnergySage – the U.S. Department of Energy, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, and National Grid are just a few of the organizations betting that we’ll make this vision a reality!
We’d love for you to join. EnergySage is a great place to work, full of friendly, respectful and mission-oriented people. We have the fun “startup stuff” (craft beer Fridays, ping pong tables, bean bags, and team outings to hike nearby mountains), but more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life.
- Evaluate consumer properties and property information for solar suitability
- Identify monthly and annual electricity usage to inform solar PV system sizing
- Follow-up with customers for additional information, as required
- Work as a team player supporting the marketplace team in delivering excellent customer service and identifying opportunities for process improvement and service enhancement
- Self-motivated, initiative-driven problem solving mentality
- Strong written communication skills
- Able to work efficiently while maintaining high quality standards
- Positive, upbeat personality with no fear of talking to strangers
- Comfortable with a start-up environment; ability to wear multiple hats, switch gears quickly and pitch in where needed
- Familiarity with solar energy technologies (preferred)