Join the EnergySage team
UX / User Experience Designer
About Us & The Job
We’re accelerating the adoption of clean energy by bringing the shopping experience online, and are looking for a few talented people to help us take on this challenge.
We are seeking a skilled UX designer with some visual design experience and a knack for creating emotional connections efficiently. Someone who is can take design risks but convey information for a user flow in a simple manner. Ability to own projects from research to wireframes to prototypes – test and iterate, continuously measure and improve is critical. This position is highly collaborative and will work with design, marketing, and development teams to create unique and compelling experiences.
Our mission is to make the process of going solar as easy as booking a flight or hotel. Sounds far-fetched? It isn’t at EnergySage – the U.S. Department of Energy, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, and National Grid are just a few of the organizations betting that we’ll make this vision a reality!
We’d love for you to join. EnergySage is a great place to work, full of friendly, respectful and mission-oriented people. We have the fun “startup stuff” (craft beer Fridays, ping pong tables, bean bags, and team outings to hike nearby mountains), but more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life.
- Deliver best-in-class user experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.), in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets)
- Translate business and product requirements into highly-usable responsive experiences
- Understand and clearly communicate the information architecture, workflows, and processes surrounding the user experience
- Design and carry out targeted usability tests to validate design choices
- Optimize the product to reduce the number of visual design iterations
- Collaborate effectively across departments
- 3+ years experience of interaction design and development for web applications
- Experience with wireframing/prototyping tools (Axure, UXPin, InVision)
- Solid understanding of graphic design and web technologies
- Highly effective in influencing cross-functional teams with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Portfolio of user experience work, including links