We are a local upstate New York photovoltaic (PV) solar panel installer serving the homes, businesses, and farms of Washington County residents and surrounding communities of Albany, Saratoga, Rensselaer and Schenectady.
We were established by New York native Tom Lampros, who has spent his entire career in renewable energy. Tom began as an installer of solar thermal systems in Central New York and has since earned degrees in Engineering Physics and Materials Science. He has been developed novel processes for manufacturing solar cells and solar panels. Tom previously owned Solarado, a solar installation company in Colorado, but returned to Upstate New York to advance the solar industry in the state.
Rather than the long arms and deep pockets of the big national solar companies, we offer financial solutions from local banks, and the qualities that matter when selecting your PV Installer:
- Knowledge and Know-How. We’ve spent our entire lives working to advance renewable energy technologies and trying to make them more affordable and accessible for the average consumer.
- Passion. We are more than just contractors. We are engineers and inventors with an abiding passion for making solar energy work for our clients. We are in this field because we believe thoroughly that it is through changing our behaviors and embracing renewable energy that we will preserve our planet for future generations.
- Flexibility and Customization. We apply our inventiveness and expertise to tailor solutions to your specific energy conversion needs. Every solar installation that Lampros Solar designs provides the optimal solution to our client’s unique requirements.
- Commitment to Made-in-USA. Until recently, the U.S. has led the world in solar manufacturing. In an industry that has seen that lead largely taken over by firms in China and Taiwan, we still source our parts from U.S. manufacturers. We are committed to doing everything we can to see a thriving solar manufacturing industry return to U.S. shores.
- Integrity and Honesty. We won’t sell you anything you don’t need, and we will always strive to inform you of all of your options so you can make the best decision possible.
- Innovation and Inventiveness. Through the years, we’ve invented and patented numerous improvements to solar manufacturing processes. We are currently developing other renewable energy innovations, including solar-powered electric car charging stations and our solar heated livestock water heater, which is under patent review. Sign up for email announcements to keep informed of these developments, and to learn when these are ready for market.
... Loading panels
... Loading inverters
... Loading storage products