I hoped to have good experience by selecting Altair Solar for my solar project. I did not. Therefore, my advice for anyone seriously considering contracting Altair Solar is to stay away from them. Here are the details.
1. I signed contract with Altair on 09/17 and was promised an installation in 6 weeks. It became 8 weeks, then 10 weeks. The actual installation started 12/7 making it almost 12 weeks. As of today 12/19 it's not finished yet.
2. The project papers are very far from reality. Although the contract calls for "Site Assessment Complete Site Evaluation & Final Measurements", it simply wasn't done. As a result the first thing I learnt on installation date, that my south roof cannot accommodate all planned panels. The magnitude of error was 2 panel widths short. Wow, it's not just a couple of inches!
3. As I found out Nader, Altair project manager about whom people spoke highly in their reviews, had left the company, and there was a new guy. My experience with this guy is not good. He behaves like a typical bad contractor: comes and goes as he wishes, doesn't deliver what he promises, does wrong inverter boxes installation, one of the boxes basically falling off the wall, and always asking for money.
4. Communications with the owner Khaled are broken. He can choose not to respond to emails, or give misleading statements. Here is the latest example of our correspondence:
Dec 16, 2018, 8:39 PM (3 days ago)
Khaled, The power panel is all done and approved. When are you coming to finish installation?
Dec 17, 2018, 3:51 PM (2 days ago)
Khaled, Please, respond to my request above. Sasha
Dec 17, 2018, 4:34 PM (2 days ago)
Hi Sasha, We are conducting the inspection either Wednesday or Thursday. I will let you know once it's scheduled.
What inspection? City? Your internal? Khaled, it's high time to finish everything.
No response from Alair so far... I still have no idea when I see the end of the road.
5. It looks like I'm not getting the project completed by Christmas.
6. I have no idea how good a bad my solar system will operate. Maybe it'd turn out even better than expected, I don't want to criticize Altair for that yet. I think I will come back to my review in 7-8 eight months. Right now with so much competition between solar installer, I recommend choosing another one.
I've had the system running for 9 months without a single glitch. The energy production is beyond my expectations - even after a hot summer there is still a surplus with the local energy company. Raising the rating to 4 stars.