Solar O&M Provider
We use the most advanced solar production modeling and efficient design to create the most value from a solar installation. Only using top-tier products, our systems are designed to be attractive and to preform for years to come.
Founded by engineers who have worked in the solar industry, we strive to bring the most value to every solar power plant. Check out our growing enphase (one of a few inverter options we offer) installations at https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/installer_systems/36060/Sandbox+Solar
this is a 1 year post-install solar review:
1. ian an aj were very forthcoming and methodical about the entire solar install process. plus just fun to work with. the crew they brought was very professional.
2. their strength is the electrical design, but surprisingly their construction were top notch as well : the panel attachment point method allowing solar panel expansion/contraction given a thumbs up by an installer doing the house next-door.
3. best price. by a lot. in fact, i canceled a prior contract before the buyers remorse deadline to go with these guys. good move.
4. the only negative, probably more of a quibble, is that there is a very small amount of 'clipping' that occurs (they installed a 6kW inverter on a 7.75 kW max power system, but the actual max power is something a bit more than 6kW). but i lose like 3kWh/$0.19 cents a day on sunny nonwinter days due to this !
5. performance: the system over-delivered 2.5MWh of energy this last year, so i got a small check back from the electrical co-op, in addition to the federal energy rebate for my 2018 taxes, REC buyback from the co-op, and some smart energy credits from my county (eagle). so financially, it has worked out nicely.
overall, the best recommendation i can give is that i would go with them again, and it would take another installer beating them by several thousand dollars to move away.
We found Sandbox Solar on a cold call and were so impressed with their solar philosophy and genuine enthusiasm, that we knew we had found the right company for us.
Not only did we find Ian and A.J. easy to contact, talk to and work with, they were also quick to respond to any concerns.
We are ecstatic with and proud of our solar system and would recommend these guys at any moment.
I met with 3 companies through 'Energysage', (a useful portal). Ian, one of the owners of Sandbox Solar, was the most knowledgable and most helpful of the three. He was not 'sales orientated' and as my system was to be a ground mounted type I appreciated his immediate knowledge. He also had a good knowledge about inverters and possible use of batteries in future.
Subsequently, I found his partner AJ and the rest of the crew to be enthusiastic and thorough in all of their work. These guys are not the 'Home Depot' of the solar industry, but more like the local 'Ace Hardware'. I'm glad I used them and would recommend them to others
I had Sandbox install a new solar panel system on my house this fall. Ian was patient with my indecisiveness and flexible with a few changes I had. There were some hiccups that came along the way but most were not something Ian could foresee. So far so good.
Sandbox Solar did a great job installing my home solar system. They systematically discussed what I would want and need, installed it in the time frame they promised, and for the price they promised. They also obtained all the necessary permits for the installation (HOA, City and electric company) for me. Ian and AJ were consistently thoughtful and reliable partners in working with me. They made the process easy and efficient! I would highly recommend Sandbox Solar to anyone thinking about a solar installation for their home.