Sorry if you see the same review word for word on other sites, but I typed up such a long thing I didn't feel the need to keep changing it. - Hello everyone! Hope your having a good day! I never wrote one of these reviews in my life so bear with me. First off, my name is Adam. I have a very extensive knowledge in many topic''s from medicine to car engines. My favorite however is technology. I have kept my finger on the pulse of solar for years, because I wanted it and lived in states that had high incentives. But still, the rate of return would have been 12-15years. The past few years I have been busy with other projects; but started looking at solar again THIS YEAR. why caps you ask?
There is a tiny windows of opportunity here. Its between now and stretches maybe..... 2 years at best! That''s best case the 2 years. I beg you to look into solar again, even if you have tried in the past and didn''t like the price. Big things happened over the last 3-5 years, and more so in the last 10mo. Right now the government is basically paying more then half of the entire system. (Location dependent). But to a point. Federal rebates apply to everyone, if you check your state in sure there are other incentives to.
So you say, Adam; why now or less then 2 years? Because solar equipment and installation has dropped *almost* to the floor regarding price, and power output. Solar equipment fell to an all time low as of this year. The Government sponsored programs have realized this and have cut the incentives to a point. But the kicker is they accelerated the phase out year by about 5 years as of today! These programs will BE TERMINATED FOREVER. I can tell you right now, with the right solar installer, you can get the best deal on the planet. Remember government cuts it in half... Do you believe that solar will fall 50%? You shouldn''t. Equipment may get a little cheaper, but the killer in the mounting rails for your roof, the wiring, the inspections and permits, not to mention the biggest expense. US! People! We need to pay people to work at that height with fear of falling. Or worse, being electrocuted. These costs will not ever change. They are hard costs that will never change.
So best deal you will ever get in the next 20 years is right now. My 2 year timeframe is a guess, a best
case scenario actually. They can pull it anytime. Most power companies have gotten green lights to charge every American more money each year with price hikes. The "normal" rate is almost 4% a year, here in NY ConEdison is fighting for 10% this year! So lesson learned from part 1? GET IT NOW! Next this is now my complete, unaffiliated, uncoworssed experience with YSG Solar. I had, this year, sign of with 2 different solar companies. One was a fairly well known big player in solar land, SunRun. They came recommended highly. The person who came to the house to "explain things" got my vote and we signed. A 2nd company I wont mention, did the same thing im about to tell you. All of these bigger companies are connected to Big Power industry. Solar hurts their bottom line. When I finally asked 10 times I got a copy of my contract "because at the time the sales people came, neither printer worked". Cut to the chase. They required you to connect your system to the internet or have cell phone service so "They can monitor your system, as well as CONTROL IT DEPENDING ON DEMAND IN YOUR AREA! Meaning your own power will be shifted!!!! No dice, and they lied on other things, Fraudulent signature''s of my 83 year old grandmother in fact. NO LIE, ALL 23 PAGES; but doesn''t even compare to the internet clause. Not to mention I could only have 10kw that would "fit" on my roof. *Cough cough, fraud*.Tiny bit of background here: 8 years of fighting with ConEdison over my bill. $600 in summer for a 3 bedroom tiny apartment!!!!!! They refused to do anything!!!!!! So they have stolen for me for years and years. No pool, No heaters, No windows A/C, New house, Central air, all energy star NEW appliance''s, LED lighting. Gas heating air/hot water, house was brand new in 2009.
Now enter the promised land. YSG Solar. I received a call in my VM from a solar company called YSG. Never heard of them prior, my mistake. So I did something I never do....call back. Best decion I ever made.
So now you say why makes them any different then other 100 quotes I got? MMMMmmm.... EVRYTHING. First of all solar can be scary to try and understand, and compare apples to apples. Equipment is a MAJOR thing to look for and what type (not brand) of inverted they use. I will explain that a little further down.
YSG has made purchasing a solar system as easy as ordering a pizza. Its difficult for me to explain everything, but I will try me best.
1)I spoke to a SINGLE point of contact for my system. From start, ordering, financing, installation, permits and
inspection....1 Person!!!! The sales people at YSG act as your contact point. The crazy thing is for tech people, or financial people, my contact knew all facets of the business and could answer every single question without saying "ill get back to you". I don''t want to plaster names here, but if your either type of person, you should speak with *Steve* at YSG. Tell him Adam recommended you and he will know why. I am a very tough customer. I want it how I want and to my specs, to my liking. He met those demands and exceeded them. Most people wouldn''t even need to know everything I asked.
2) Price- Here is my system for you geeks out there. I wanted a net zero bill. Meaning ZERO electric bill, not just reduce it. I sent over my coned bill and he calculated what size would do it for you. I chose to go bigger so I over generate if anything. If you shop around the installation prices are usually spoke in terms of dollar per watt. My system, before ANY TYPE OF REBATE OR INCENTIVE was $3 per watt!!!!!! Now get this, for NY residents it dropped to $0.80cents per watt after incentives!!! If you just take the federal rebate, without any state help or other things, it drops to $2 per watt! Beat that price? I doubt it, not with the equipment I ordered.
3) Install time - From the day I first spoke to YSG to the day the permits were issued, system installed, and
inspected..30 days!! Here in NYC! Unheard of. NYC never acts fast on permits, ever!! Everything arrived at my house by truck the day installation started. It only took 3 days, and that is due to rain, and 1 man down out of my crew. Condition better? 2 days I bet. Flipped it on, worked first try!
4) Your actual cost and financing - I don''t know a single company that offers this program. Its called a split loan. What it does is split your loan up to consider every tax or incentive you qualify for from federal and state sources. These numbers are set in stone by the state and feds. 1 loan is the amount of rebates do you. In my case, almost $20,000. Best part? ZERO PAYMENTS AND ZERO INSTEREST FOR 12-18mo to allow you to get those incentives. If you turn them over to YSG solar finance company (as you should) THE LOAN IS CLOSED WITH NOTHING PAID OR CHARGED!. 2nd Loan is the remainder, your responsibility of what''s left to pay after everything. My loan is 12years at drum roll please.. 2.99%! Payment ? $163/mo that doesn''t change. Oh, that number doesn''t count your property tax abatement for 5 years in some states like mine!!!!
This keeps your loan payment low by splitting it and wiping # one loan out. If you consider the abatement and money saved on electricity, you end up paying off the system after 2 years, so the rest is free. in my case; over a 25 year period, the system will have saved me $193,000.26!!!
5) Quality - I requested certain types of equipment. The most important you should learn is what type of inverter do they use. If they use a String (cheapest, operates at the LOWEST PANEL OUTPUT), Microinterters that get mounted to each panel, and optimizers, which I have. It allows each panel to communicate with the main inverter allowing it to produce the most power and adjust each panel for max production. Period! This option adds almost $100 per panel. But let me look at what
every single panel is doing on my roof and if there any issues. I''m sure geeks like me will love that. Panel type should also be highly looked at, LG, Panasonic, Sunpower, are the top 3. YSG uses optimizers with the newest LG panel series out (Neon 2 !!! Without asking! you can monitor your system from anywhere in the world with you smartphone or PC. It has and collects every single statistic you could ask for.
6) Warranty- This is a big one. how long is it and what will they cover? What happened if they go bankrupt? YSG purchases extended warranties'' for all hardware and an insurance policy for roof damage or water penetration. This gives you at least 2 warranties'' on everything. Either YSG or if they blow up and disappear your still covered. The tricky part im sure you have seen is time each part is warranted for, correct? YSG makes it very simple 25 years ON EVERYTHING!!!! You own the system, they fix it free. Simple.
Final thoughts - Call everyone else first, just call and see what they send you in writing only, no verbal garbage, then call YSG Solar. I lost 2 month''s of my life because 2 other solar companies. When I say YSG was upfront with me I mean complexly upfront, not a single surprise, and updates everyday. I don''t know how they do it, but they are simply the best. Just for instance, the ONWER of the company came out to see the inspection to make sure there were no issues the customer had to learn or correct. I have never seen that dedication to quality. I know if seems like I work there, but I assure you I don''t, im just finally happy and able to get rid of my power bill, and not giving ConEdison a penny more!!!! My only regret is not getting a battery backup with the install, it has so many advantage''s I couldn''t explain it here, but if your budget allows YOU WANT IT. Thank you YSG for being great. Here''s my system broken down, (My system is huge for a residential house).
46 - LG Neon2 330watt panels, all black to look better and are over 19% efficient!
2 Inverters - SolarEdge SE7600A-US ( I requested battery backup capability for the inverters, this model is the only one that does it from SolarEdge , its called StorEdge if you care to look it up) Each is 8.4kw capable so hence I needed 2.
Everything installed and wired including fuses, disconnect switches, electric panels , taps, everything! No hidden costs.
$6000-8k from state direct to YSG
$19,000 and change in rebates
$19,800 left on 12 year loan at 2.99% $163 a month. Can be paid down quicker as mentioned above.
No one else touched this price, and they used all high quality material, no shortcuts, so sales pitches, no upselling. Just exactly what your budget allows and what you want it to do.